Admissons for Pre-School
Admissions to Heswall Primary Pre-School:
Heswall Primary Pre-School governing body have prioritised the allocation of places in the order of the groups below:
- 3 Year olds that will turn 4 in this academic year.
- Priority will be given to those children turning four in that academic year using the same criteria applied by Wirral Borough Council when allocating Foundation 2 school places.
- 2 Year olds that will turn 3 in this academic year.
If there are places left after the 3 year olds that will turn 4 in this academic year have been allocated places, the Governing Body will offer a place to the children who will become three during the academic year based on the following guidelines:
- Children with special educational needs which have been identified through statutory assessment.
- Children whose 3rd birthday falls between 1st September and 31st December.
- Children whose 3rd birthday falls between 1st January and 31st March.
- Children whose 3rd birthday falls between 1st April and 31st August.
- 2 Year olds (eligible for funding) that will not turn 3 until the next academic year.
- Children who turn 2 between 1st September and 31st December (Eligible from 1st January)
- Children who turn 2 between 1st January and 31st March (Eligible from 1st April)
- Children who turn 2 between 1st April and 31st August (Eligible from 1st September)
- 2 year old places (not eligible for funding) can be paid for immediately after the child turns 2.
If a child turns 2 during a term, parents can pay for their sessions immediately. Funding (when available) will only commence at the start of the next term following the second birthday.
At each stage of the criteria above, preference will be given to applying children if they have existing siblings either in the pre-school or the school (this applies to the pre-school only).
We do not offer provision for children under the age of two years old.
In addition the Governing Body has the following guidelines with respect to applications to the pre-school:
- Once a child has been offered a place in the pre-school, we expect them to retain that place up until the time they move to their chosen primary school Foundation 2 (Reception class). Any funding agreement is determined by the setting/s the child is in at the time of the termly headcount. If your child moves to a different provider after this date, the funding is not transferred.
- Families are asked via the Pre-School Application form, to indicate their preferences for sessions e.g. mornings, afternoons, split weeks. The school will do all it can to meet these preferences so long as there are places available.
- The Governing Body will consider all applications strictly on a case by case basis and they reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to alter and/or amend any of the criteria above in any circumstances that they deem fit. (An example of which, without limitation to the generality of this provision, would be where a circumstance is considered a health and safety risk to any member of staff and/or children).